Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy birthday!!!

Whose birthday? My mom's birthday! Now arrived and the beautiful age of 41. (No kidding, she is gorgeous.)  She doesn't know it yet, but I decided to give a small token of thanks, and love.

*She has wanted glass, non-BPA food leftover containers.
*She has wanted Brown Cow creamy coffee yogurt cups.**
*She has wanted another ice tray for our freezer.

I didn't know what to get her. Ask me what I am sorta, kinda want for my birthday, and I would have a longer list.  :)

I finally decided. (I would have put up a poll about it on here, but I end up being the only one to vote, besides my mother that is.)               Glass food containers.

I got them from Crate And Barrel, a high quality home furniture, decor and kitchen gadgets site. Conveniently on sale. :)


          




 For her card, I am going to have all the children at our 5-day clubs sign a big, homemade card.

My sister and I have been teaching three, 5-day clubs over this past week. (3 a day).
5-day clubs are organized by a world-wide, non-profit children's organization, (CEF*,) training Christian teens and adults to teach children according to the basic Bible truths of salvation and Christian growth.
(5-day clubs are like free mini VBSs' in a back yard, park, community center, church, or house. Including games, Bible history, stories, snacks, prizes, puppets, songs, kid-friendly morals, and each year we learn about, support and pray for missionaries in another country. Usually during the summer.)
http://www.cefonline.com/ (Child Evangelism Fellowship)
** http://www.browncowfarms.com/

Another Birthday! already past. 
One of my very closest friends I've known since 2nd grade. A kindred spirit you could say.
I havent seen her since before her birthday, so her gift is wrapped and waiting for this Sunday at church.

What do you think about some awesome fashionable rubber boots-
well, they really are cute, and I know her style. (They are black and white plaid.)
And some nail paint wands in her favorite, funky colors.

NOTICE:
whoever can actually read the b.i.r.t.h.d.a.y. words to your right will be honored with the privilege of picking the "Picks of the Month" for this blog for September.

No comments: