Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My soup post

So I love soup... stews, broths, stocks, veggies, you name it!
I am going to be making, and have made, quite a few batches of soup this winter.  And believe me, they will all be from scratch, and I will not follow recipes.  Since soup is such a great comfort food, and can get a lot of garlic and veggies in to you when you need it, I'll try and get them on here.  They will also be on my actual food blog- www.creative-cuisine.blogspot.com .  Hope you enjoy!

  • 1 liter of water or broth
  • 2 cups split peas or lentils, soaked overnight
  • 1 cup baby carrots, whole
  • 1 onion, chopped coarsely
  • 5 green onions
  • 6 cloves garlic, pealed, halved
  • 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning mix
  • Sea salt to taste
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Heat water, (or broth or stock,) in large stainless steel pan with split peas or lentils and carrots until boiling.
Chop onions large, as in the picture to the left. Cut green onions and garlic into fairly large pieces, and add to the pot. (keeping covered.)  Add seasonings, and let simmer for an hour or so.
When done, add olive oil, and stir in. Serve hot, and add salt and pepper as needed.   May add different veggies and meat, such as chicken or turkey.

No comments: