Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good dog; Bad dog


This picture doesn't go with
the story very well, but I
thought it was rather cute in
a way.  :)
 A great allegory my Pastor drew for us this morning.

A young Indian brave struggled with a wrongdoing in his life that he couldn't seem to shake.  After many struggles, he went to see a wise old chief in the mountains.
"I don't know what to do," he said.  "It seems like I keep on doing what I don't want to do, and I keep failing to do what I really do want to do."
After listening quietly to the distraught man, the wise man uttered
a few words.
"Hmm... good dog; bad dog."
The brave was confused.
"What do you mean - 'good dog; bad dog'?''
"Good dog and bad dog inside you fight," came the reply.
The Indian man, realizing now that it was a word-picture between the human's natural battle between good and evil, now understood, but still had one more question.
"If good dog and bad dog fight, how do I know which one wins?"
The old chief sat still for a long moment, then answered.
"The one you feed"

No comments: