Friday, April 1, 2011

Grande April fools joke

I went to Starbucks with my mom tonight.
And, just for the record, I got a vanilla bean frapachino. (still spazzing out from the sugar, although I made sure there was no caffeine. It does weird things to me)  You can tell I don't go out for food much, because I was shocked that a size tall (there 16 oz. size) was $3.10!  And really, why do they call it a tall, when its actually a small?  Why is a grande their medium size, and a venti is largest?  (their newest mega size is Trenta, and is 32 oz.). Venti is Italian for 20, and their grande is 24 oz.  Say what?
Well, it goes like this.  Once upon a time, Starbuck's owner thought he would have a little fun on 4/1, so he mixed up the size titles, and order they be changed - Tall for small, grande for medium, and venti for large. They actually took him serious, and its been that way ever since. 
That's the story, and honesty, I'm not joking.  :)

No comments: