But what make something in the past so dynamic? Because while it may not define us anymore, it still affects us... big time! Just a few examples...
- Your new friend talks to someone who has known you for a while - or at least observed your life, and they no longer think as highly of you.
- Those words over the dinner table turned you off for years. And now, the only time you see them is an funerals and weddings.
- Then there is that one night - just one night - that labels you as something you never thought you would be.
- You meet up with a friend from grade school you haven't seen in years, and they cant help but notice how different you are.
- What about about the first time you watched a movie you shouldn't have?
- You were best on track, and your hip fractured, so you've been on crutches since... ten years ago.
- No one knows why your sick, and they worry for you. But when they hear the name of your disease, they cant help but shun you.
- You know you'll never get married, because of that one thing.
- The time you shared your testimony - it was shocking.
What is it about what is behind us that haunts us so?Well, it seems to be how we think others see or react to our past; or how they actually do.