Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back from CYIA

I returned from camp yesterday.  CYIA (Christian Youth In Action) through CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship) was great.  I think this year, out of the four I've gone, is the most meaningful to me.  I don't know why, but I know it has to do all about God.  I was in the "Advanced class" this year, and praise God I was able to mentor a few of the younger girls there.  I am so thankful I was able to pass all the requirements, and even get honors this year, as I didn't last year, but did the first and third.  In all, I had to present 32+ things in entirety ranging from missions time and songs, to Bible lessons and wordless book, which have many requirements within themselves.

My absolute favorite part of the day was right after breakfast - student-lead prayer.  When all 112 students, ages 12 to 25 got together in the old barn we call the chapel, and would divide into groups, praying together earnestly for ourselves, the children we would be teaching, other missionaries all over the world, the hosts of our 5-day-clubs, the moving of the Holy Spirit, the weather, our health, our hearts and mind to be focused on Him, our families, and just about everything else.  Best part of the day!

Also, please pray for... an unspoken.  Something that really shocked me.  Pray for wisdom and guidance on how to deal with it, and the ones it affected.

I didn't feel homesick ('cuz I never do) but I am very glad to be home, and can't believe two weeks went by sooo fast!  Mostly, I'm glad to be able to see my friends at Sunday school and church again. 

I'll be posting much more on camp, but I just thought I'd update you, and tell you why I was absent for two whole weeks (if anyone noticed :).
Link to CEF, click here

No comments: