Monday, August 8, 2011

Researching India

India as a country and nation
About a year ago, I made a story line for a historical-fiction thriller book based in India in the early 1900s.  I even drew up character bios. Then it sat under a pile of papers on my bed until I uncovered it while cleaning and organizing a short time ago.  I want to continue with it.  It could be good.  But first, I realized, I don't know much about India... at all.  Yes, I do know some, and perhaps more than the American majority, as I love to study other cultures, but not enough.  Its almost like a child advising  Albert Einstein on a mathematical formula.  Almost.  Not really.  But I still need to know so much more.  Here are some of the categories I would like to cover in depth.


Indian's rich culture and customs


Indian History


Indian art


Influences in India's shaping

The Indian People


Indian politics


India today

Indian religion and holy sights


The Indian way of speaking

Indian food and customs


Indian geography


No comments: