Monday, August 8, 2011

Skin and beauty products I use

Some people have been asking me what products I've been using on my face and hair -- shampoo, lotion, cleanser, etc.  So I thought I would make a list here.  Most, or many, of these things I get for free at my work when they expire, or at discount prices, or from out-of-business sales on the Internet.

I really do not put much stock in beauty, and getting "done up", but I do wear some makeup on occasion, and my skin tends to be dry, so I take care of it by puting quality oils and moisturiser on it.  My face is dry/combination.  So if you have the same, this is the post for you!

Hair:
  • Himalaya Botanical volumizing shampoo OR Giovanni root 66 volumizing shampoo.
  • Giovanni weightless moisture leave-in conditioner
  • Head Organics extra-hold hair spray (sometimes)
Face and Body:
  • Four elements five flower cream
  • " no eczema cream
  • " herbal salve
  • Shiaka white gardenia shower gel (for shaving)
  • Aubry Organics rosa mosquetta face cream
  • Purple Emu, emu oil
Basic Makeup:
  • Maybelline Great Lash black/brown mascara
  • " age rewind foundation creme with goji and caffeine
  • CoverGirl Clean concealer powder
  • Wet-n-Wild black eye liner
  • Signature Minerals rouge (sometimes)
  • Loreal Studio Secrets No.2 anti-redness primer
  • Almay intense i-color trio for blues 002 (sometimes)
I've been looking at some natural beauty brands, and reading some reviews lately, because I'd like to get away from chemicalized face products.  I'm kinda lost.  If you have tried some good natural or organic makeup that you've liked alot, please tell me!

Others:
  • Earth Science makeup remover

Just a few Bible verses on Beauty I've found:

Proverbs 11:22
"Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion."

Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

Matthew 6:17b
"...put oil on your head and wash your face"

Psalm 27:4
"One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."

Psalm 45:11
"Let the king be enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your LORD."

Proverbs 31:30
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

Ecclesiastes 3:11
"He has made everything beautiful in its time."

Isaiah 61:3a
"...and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."

Ezekiel 16:14
"And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign LORD."

1 Peter 3:3-4
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.  Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."

Psalm 84:1
"How lovely is your dwelling place, LORD Almighty!"

Revelation 21:2
"I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband."

Song of Solomon 1:5
"Dark am I, and lovely, daughters of Jerusalem, dark like the tents of Kedar, like the tent curtains of Solomon."

Isaiah 52:7
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation..."

No comments: