Sunday, May 26, 2013

Casual Sunday Style - kacki skirt

What I'm wearing-

  • Simple green long-sleeve top, tucked in (borrowed from sister)
  • Tan kacki "maxi" skirt (also my sister's)
  • "Earthy" multi-colored sandals ($3 local thrift shop)
  • knit striped scarf ($1 thrift shop)
  • Metallic feather earrings ($5 Kohl's)

Oops! It doesn't seem to want to rotate the right way!



 Tips from Michaela Danielle's Closet:


 One thing I really like about this outfit -- what made it so comfortable and casual and easy to wear and look at -- are the soft colors. But I couldn't make a whole outfit out of light, dreamy colors. The shirt was on the loose side, so I didn't want to look like I was in my PJ's or camping out. So here's what I did:
 The shoes, scarf, and earrings add something bolder to the otherwise drab -- though cute -- outfit. Can you tell the difference between the "cool" shades of the skirt and top versus the "warm" shades provided by the accessories?
 You may think that this is all rather much to do in one morning, but I've made a point to have versatile outfit separates -- neutral and easy to pair -- along with more fun and festive pieces. It doesn't take much time at all to put together an outfit, especially on Sunday morning, when it is fun as well as easy. Making sure that your clothing and accessories are neat, organized, and accessible are essential, or at least help!
 So when you pair these techniques together with minimal makeup that brings out your eyes and natural color, a simple hair-do, and get your attitude in the right place, you can conquer the world.

No comments: