Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Small milestones

One of last year's Graduation pictures

 They say you're not really living if you're just standing still, but sometimes the meaningful advances in live are the product of many small steps. From day to day, not much seems to change, but look back over the year, and you'll be amazed at how far you've come! That has been my experience for 2013, even though it isn't over yet. (I can only hope that the rest of it holds great progress as well!) Let me share with you a few things that have happened to me - or my family - in order to encourage you.
  • Promotion at work (rank, hours, and wage)
  • Got my Driver's License
  • My Parents adopted three children (I'm a big sister again!)
  • Ran 4 miles at a good pace
  • Furnished my new room
  • Took Theology classes (via video)
  • Planted a garden
  • Applied to CollegePlus for my Bachelors is Psychology
 I don't mean to brag - I'm sure you've accomplished much more throughout your summer - but it goes to show that when little things are done with all your heart for the glory of God, good things happen. It won't always be easy, but anything good is worth fighting for.


Colossians 3:33-34 -
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

No comments: