Sunday, August 25, 2013

The reasons I'm schooling Online after a year of hard work after homeschool highschool

 
I was homeschooled (and yes, I have friends) from kindergarten to 12th grade. I got my first job when I was 13, and have kept it for 5 years. When I graduated at 17, I decided to take a year "off" to work, and decide where God wanted me to go after that. Living at home, being frugal, working hard both at home and at work, I waited to get my driver's license only until I really needed it, and walked, rode my bike, or rode with friends or family to get where I needed to go. I'll be taking courses online through College Plus for my Bachelors in Psychology this fall. (And yes, I'm still living at home.) Everyone who actually knows me is fine with this, and most are rooting for me, but there are severe skeptics, let me tell you! You may even be one of them. But even though I really don't mind if people think ill of me, I would like to share an amusing and inspirational article written by another blogger I found through Facebook (which I didn't have until last year *gasp*). He challenges the unquestioned notion that every educated and ambitious person must attend college. Just for the record, I am not anti-college. I'm simply saying that it is not the only (nor the best) way to acquire useful academic knowledge that will equip you for the "real world."

[By Matt Walsh]

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/08/23/kids-go-to-college-or-youll-die-alone-in-misery/

No comments: