Saturday, November 9, 2013

Annoying Things Christian Girls Do

1. Gossip through the guise of prayer requests. "Well, I just need to know how to pray for her... tell me every juicy detail!" - If you really cared, you'd become part of her life and get to know her - trying to encourage her in her Christian walk, or evangelize to her.

2. Compare themselves to other girls to feel more godly. "I know I'm not perfect, but at least I'm not like her." - Contrast yourself to the perfect image of Christ. It'll take your breath away!

3. Complain (aka: brag) about how many guys like/flirt with them. "I can't believe that three guys were staring at me during church. I mean, can't they help themselves?" - Get over yourself. Seriously.

4. Constantly proclaim how happy and content they are being single. "I just feel like I don't need a guy to be happy! I'm good enough on my own." - Oh really? Well I'm glad you cleared that up... again. I was beginning to think the opposite. Go ahead and tell me one more time that you're not desperate. (sarcasm overload)

5. Sing worship songs really, really loud. "PRAAAAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOOOOOWWWW!" - Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way, but why does every girl nowadays think she's a singer? Even if you have a good voice, be considerate of those around you.

6. Put way too much time into dressing up for church. "Just trying to look my best for Jesus... and everyone else." - Jesus sees you all the time sweetheart, and He's more interested in how your heart looks.

7. Talk about what a godly wife they want to be someday, but don't have a problem disrespecting their father, or other male authorities in their life. "Every morning I'll cook him breakfast, and pray with him, and... what the heck, dad, I'll come when I'm ready!" - I hope I don't have to explain why this is contradictory.

8. Caption Bible verses on selfies. "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." - Yeah, I like that verse too, but I was preoccupied with your overly edited face. But maybe you planned it that way.

 Disclaimer: I don't mean to be overly negative. Not all Christian girls do these things! And I'll have to admit, I'm guilty of some of these too. (for SHAME, Michaela)

No comments: